To obtain a consultation:
- Make an appointment online (you should be contacted within 48 hours)
- Summer drop-in hours: Monday-Friday 12:00p m – 2:00 pm in 2205 Snedecor Hall
The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) supports free statistical consulting for faculty and researchers in CALS through the AES Consulting Group. Faculty and researchers from other colleges are welcome to request appointments or drop-in for consulting on statistical issues for grants and other special projects. Please see college-specific instructions below.
Government and non-project organizations in the local community can request statistical consulting through Statistics in the Community (StatCom), a student-based community outreach program that serves local communities throughout the nation. For researchers interested in developing and analyzing surveys, please see the Survey & Behavioral Research Services (SBRS) and the Center for Survey Statistics & Methodology (CSSM).
What we do:
- research design, sample size calculations
- choosing statistical methods
- use of statistical computing packages (R, SAS, and some JMP) to analyze data
- interpretation of results
What we do not do:
- help with your statistics homework: please see your course TA.
- last minute projects with short deadlines – it is the responsibility of the researcher to provide ample time for statistical analyses – depending on the complexity of the problem and the current workload, a few weeks may be required.
College-specific consulting services
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences: please make an appointment above or drop in during office hours
- College of Business: contact Milli Grant (firstname.lastname@example.org) or stop in during her office hours (M10-2,T1-5, W1-3) in Gerdin Business Building Rm 3122
- College of Veterinary Medicine: please contact Yaxuan Sun (email@example.com)
- Other colleges (fees may apply): stop in during office hours