NOTE: If you are connecting to our servers from off campus you will need the ISU VPN client. Instructions can be found here.
- The Remote Desktop Client (RDC) can be found here: All Programs->Accessories->Remote Desktop Connection
- When you start the Remote Desktop Client you will see this:
- Let’s configure the client now hit the "Show Options" in the lower left corner and:
- Enter sas.stat.iastate.edu into the Computer field.
- Enter IASTATE\YOUR NET_ID_GOES_HERE into the “User Name” field (Replace YOUR_NET_GOES_HERE with your ISU netid).
- Check the “Allow me to save credentials” box if this is a personal machine.
- Click “Save As” and save it on your Desktop with a file name of SAS. Now you can double click on the Desktop icon in the future and you should be logged in.
- Now just click the “Connect” button
- Enter your password and click "OK"
- If it asks you about a certificate, click on "Don't ask me again for connections to this computer" and then click "Yes"
- Happy computing!
For issues with the Remote Desktop connection please contact Statistics IT at stat-tech AT iastate.edu
For issues with ISU’s VPN client, please contact the Solution Center