Statistics in the Community
Statistics in the Community (STATCOM) is a community outreach program that serves local communities nationwide. At Iowa State, STATCOM offers statistical advice and expertise free of charge to governmental and nonprofit groups in the local community.
Some of the services offered by STATCOM at Iowa State include:
- Cleaning and analyzing data
- Designing and analyzing surveys
- Education on how to use statistical software and Excel
- Finding meaningful information in large data sets
- Identifying trends and relationships in data
- Participating in educational activities at schools and community events
- Using data to inform decision making
- Visualizing and methods of summarizing data
Potential clients include but are not limited to:
- Learning centers
- City governments
To learn more about STATCOM, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.