What we do:
- research design, sample size calculations
- choosing statistical methods
- use of statistical computing packages (R, SAS, and some JMP) to analyze data
- interpretation of results
What we do not do:
- teach basic statistical methods; we expect you to have taken STAT 401/587 or an equivalent course.
- help with your statistics homework: please see your course TA.
- last minute projects with short deadlines – it is the responsibility of the researcher to provide ample time for statistical analysis – depending on the complexity of the problem and the current workload, a few weeks may be required.
College-specific consulting services (updated Summer 2019)
- College of Agricultural and Life Sciences: please click on the "Make an appointment link" below
- College of Business: contact Fan Dai (email@example.com)
- College of Engineering: please click on the "Make an appointment link" below
- College of Veterinary Medicine: there is no specific Vet Med support during the summer. AES folks will provide support when able. Please click on the "Make an appointment link" below
- Other colleges: These provide no support to the consulting group. We will provide support when able. Please click on the "Make an appointment link" below. We will let you know promptly if we are unable to provide support.
Government and non-project organizations in the local community can request statistical consulting through Statistics in the Community (StatCom), a student-based community outreach program that serves local communities throughout the nation. For researchers interested in developing and analyzing surveys, please see the Survey & Behavioral Research Services (SBRS) and the Center for Survey Statistics & Methodology (CSSM).
To obtain a consultation:
- Make an appointment online (Your computer must be either directly connected to ISU campus network or connect to ISU VPN first.) (you should be contacted within 2 business days)
- We get no support from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences or the College of Human Sciences. We will assist students, staff and faculty from those colleges when we have time and the appropriate expertise. Please submit a request and we will advise whether we can help.