To obtain a consultation:
- Make an appointment online (Your computer must be either directly connected to ISU campus network or connect to ISU VPN first.) (you should be contacted within 2 business days)
- We get no support from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences or the College of Human Sciences. We will assist students, staff and faculty from those colleges when we have time and the appropriate expertise. Please submit a request and we will advise whether we can help.
Government and non-project organizations in the local community can request statistical consulting through Statistics in the Community (StatCom), a student-based community outreach program that serves local communities throughout the nation. For researchers interested in developing and analyzing surveys, please see the Survey & Behavioral Research Services (SBRS) and the Center for Survey Statistics & Methodology (CSSM).
What we do:
- research design, sample size calculations
- choosing statistical methods
- use of statistical computing packages (R, SAS, and some JMP) to analyze data
- interpretation of results
What we do not do:
- teach basic statistical methods; we expect you to have taken STAT 401 or an equivalent course.
- help with your statistics homework: please see your course TA.
- last minute projects with short deadlines – it is the responsibility of the researcher to provide ample time for statistical analysis – depending on the complexity of the problem and the current workload, a few weeks may be required.
College-specific consulting services (updated Summer 2018)
- College of Agricultural and Life Sciences: please click on the "Make an appointment link" above
- College of Business: contact Haoyan Hu (email@example.com)
- College of Engineering: please click on the "Make an appointment link" above
- College of Veterinary Medicine: please click on the "Make an appointment link" above