For support requests, contact email@example.com
Latest News: (Security Reminder) [Software Center (Windows) and Self Service (Mac) are only available to ISU owned computers.]
- Airtame 3.3.0 is available from both Software Center and Self Service.
- Box Drive 1.17.120 is available from Software Center and will automatically deploy to computers with previous version installed after 5:59pm Friday (8/31) .
- 2018.08.21: The issue of VDI cursor disappeared while editing in some software like Word, JMP is now fixed.
- 2018.08.07: JMP Pro 14.1 Update is available from Self Service.
- 2018.08.01: Adobe Creative Cloud license has changed from serialized to naming license. Faculty and Staff will need to use "Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application" to install any Adobe Creative Cloud products including Adobe Acrobat DC. Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application can be found from both Software Center and Self Service.
- 2018.08.01: The following software is available from Software Center.
- Box Tools 220.127.116.118
- JMP Pro 14.1 Update
- Box Drive 1.16.88
- VLC Media Player 3.0.3
- Google Chrome Enterprise 68.0.3440.75
- Java JRE 8 Update 181
- VcXsrv Windows X Server 18.104.22.168
- uBlock Origin 1.16.14 for Firefox
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2018.011.20055
- Notepad++ 7.5.8
- Mendeley Desktop 1.19.1
- Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application 22.214.171.1244
- FileZilla 3.35.1
- DYMO Label v8 - 8.7.2
- KeePass 2.39.1
- 2018.07.16: JAGS-4.3.0 is available from Software Center.
- 2018.07.09: R-3.5.1 is available from Software Center and Self Service.
Archive News: IT Support Archive News
Looking for the U or T drives? Mapping Network Drives
Welcome to Statistics IT! We are located in 2123 Snedecor Hall.
We support several public access computing labs in both Snedecor and Gilman Halls, provide campus-wide assistance with statistical software, and general computing assistance for Statistics department personnel. For more information on a specific topic, see the pages linked below.
File downloads and installation instructions for SAS and JMP can be found here. Both installers are quite large so please make sure you are using the best connection you have access to.
Statistics IT maintains several RHEL and Windows servers in support of computing labs and research data processing. We are using the Slurm resource management system to balance job distribution across research servers. Information on Stat's specific implementation can be found on our Statistics Slurm page, while more general information and examples can be found on Slurm's website or the LAS Research IT site here: http://researchit.las.iastate.edu/slurm-basics
Connecting to ISU's VPN is necessary for off-campus access to many network resources. A guide for downloading and connecting via the recommended client is available from ITS here: https://www.it.iastate.edu/services/vpn
Several printers are available in Snedecor and Gilman Halls for general use. Printing for teaching purposes should be coordinated through Denise Riker.
Conference rooms and computer labs of many sizes can and should be reserved in advance. Calendars and a reservation form can be found at the link. When you are done with a room make sure the projector is turned off!
A small selection of laptops and tablets are available for reservation for teaching purposes.
Statistics department personnel have access to multiple HPC clusters at ISU for research processing purposes. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to have an account create for you. Once your account has been created, please "ssh <netid>@condo2017.its.iastate.edu" with your NetID and an email with be sent to you with further access instructions (or visit https://www.hpc.iastate.edu/guides/condo-2017/access-and-login). To reset Google Authenticator for Condo Users by visiting https://hpc-ga.its.iastate.edu/reset/.
Data Storage Space (LSS)
To back up your research data, the Research IT provides Large Scale Storage (LSS) research file storage service for faculty and staff. Detail information can be found from https://researchit.las.iastate.edu/large-scale-storage-lss.
Statistics maintains three computing labs in Snedecor Hall and one in Gilman Hall. Labs are available for public use whenever the buildings are open and a class in not in session. For more information on specific labs click the link above, and for reservation or scheduling use the Room Reservation system.
Incoming graduate students attend an orientation session led by departmental IT staff that familiarizes them with a variety of computing resources available to the department.
Adobe Creative Cloud license is changed from serializing to naming license. For all faculty/Staff, please use Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application program to install Adobe Creative Cloud products. Please check the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application to see the instructions.
CyBox is the cloud space provided by ISU. You can find more information how to mount the CyBox storage space.
This shows the comparison of CyBox vs LSS (Large Scale Storage).
It is important to update your password regularly to protect your information and university data.