For support requests, contact email@example.com
Latest News: (Security Reminder) [Software Center (Windows) and Self Service (Mac) are only available to ISU owned computers.]
- 2018.11.15: ActiveTcl 188.8.131.52 and Inkscape 0.92.2 are available from Self Service.
- 2018.11.13: TeXShop 4.15 is available from Self Service and is compatible with macOS 10.14.
- 2018.11.09: RStudio 1.1.463 is available from Software Center and Self Service.
- 2018.11.07: The JSS server upgrade is now completed. The Self Service is available now.
- 2018.11.06: The Self Service will not be available on 11/7/18 (Wednesday) from 9am to 5pm due to JSS server will be upgraded to 10.7.1.
- 2018.11.02: Box Drive 2.0.70 is available from Self Service.
- "Make Available Offline" feature is now available when you right click folders from Box Drive. You will need to run Box Drive 2.0.70+ version. Detail information can be found in https://community.box.com/t5/Getting-Started-with-Box-Drive/Marking-Files-for-Offline/ta-p/58822.
- Notepad++ 7.5.9 is available from Software Center.
- Box Drive 2.0.70 is available from Software Center. This version will have Mark for Offline feature available after October 31.
- Box for Office 4.6.1246 is available from Software Center.
- 2018.10.15: The following packages are updated in Self Service
- VMware Fusion 11.0.0
- Cisco Jabber 12.1.1
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DU Update 2019.008.20074
- Box Drive 1.19.166
- Microsoft Teams 1.1.00.25655
- Dropbox 59.4.93
- Papercut Client 18.2.6
- Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206
- Firefox 62.0.3
- 2018.10.02: "Box Tools 220.127.116.112" and "Git for Windows 2.19.0" are available from Software Center.
- 2018.10.01: Box Drive 1.18.104 is available from Software Center.
Archive News: IT Support Archive News
Looking for the U or T drives? Mapping Network Drives
Welcome to Statistics IT! We are located in 2123 Snedecor Hall.
We support several public access computing labs in both Snedecor and Gilman Halls, provide campus-wide assistance with statistical software, and general computing assistance for Statistics department personnel. For more information on a specific topic, see the pages linked below.
File downloads and installation instructions for SAS and JMP can be found here. Both installers are quite large so please make sure you are using the best connection you have access to.
Statistics IT maintains several RHEL and Windows servers in support of computing labs and research data processing. We are using the Slurm resource management system to balance job distribution across research servers. Information on Stat's specific implementation can be found on our Statistics Slurm page, while more general information and examples can be found on Slurm's website or the LAS Research IT site here: http://researchit.las.iastate.edu/slurm-basics
Connecting to ISU's VPN is necessary for off-campus access to many network resources. A guide for downloading and connecting via the recommended client is available from ITS here: https://www.it.iastate.edu/services/vpn
Several printers are available in Snedecor and Gilman Halls for general use. Printing for teaching purposes should be coordinated through Denise Riker.
Conference rooms and computer labs of many sizes can and should be reserved in advance. Calendars and a reservation form can be found at the link. When you are done with a room make sure the projector is turned off!
A small selection of laptops and tablets are available for reservation for teaching purposes.
Statistics department personnel have access to multiple HPC clusters at ISU for research processing purposes. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to have an account create for you. Once your account has been created, please "ssh <netid>@condo2017.its.iastate.edu" with your NetID and an email with be sent to you with further access instructions (or visit https://www.hpc.iastate.edu/guides/condo-2017/access-and-login). To reset Google Authenticator for Condo Users by visiting https://hpc-ga.its.iastate.edu/reset/.
Data Storage Space (LSS)
To back up your research data, the Research IT provides Large Scale Storage (LSS) research file storage service for faculty and staff. Detail information can be found from https://researchit.las.iastate.edu/large-scale-storage-lss.
Statistics maintains three computing labs in Snedecor Hall and one in Gilman Hall. Labs are available for public use whenever the buildings are open and a class in not in session. For more information on specific labs click the link above, and for reservation or scheduling use the Room Reservation system.
Incoming graduate students attend an orientation session led by departmental IT staff that familiarizes them with a variety of computing resources available to the department.
Adobe Creative Cloud license is changed from serializing to naming license. For all faculty/Staff, please use Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application program to install Adobe Creative Cloud products. Please check the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application to see the instructions.
CyBox is the cloud space provided by ISU. You can find more information how to mount the CyBox storage space.
This shows the comparison of CyBox vs LSS (Large Scale Storage).
It is important to update your password regularly to protect your information and university data.