Statistics in the Community (StatCom) is a community outreach program that serves local communities throughout the nation. At Iowa State, StatCom offers statistical advice and expertise free of charge to governmental and nonprofit groups in the local community. Students in the Department of Statistics coordinate the statistical consulting services provided through StatCom.
Some of the services offered by StatCom at Iowa State include
- Designing and analyzing surveys
- Using data to inform decision making
- Identifying trends and relationships in data
- Finding meaningful information in large data sets
- Designing and conducting educational activities at schools and community events
Potential clients include but are not limited to
- Learning centers
- City governments
You can find some of the recent projects that StatCom at ISU was involved in on our external website.
To learn more about StatCom, contact email@example.com.